Nice filter region template

Written by Paulo Vale on Wednesday, April 23, 2008

One of the good things that Oracle APEX Team made to help the new developers are the Packaged Applications. Packaged Applications are working example applications that you can use to get the feel of APEX capabilities. You can also learn how things get done, since you can access all the source.

This leads me to the point of this post. I like v
ery much the way, reports filters and options are organized in these example applications. The person who made this, certainly has a good taste :)

Look at the next screenshot to see what I mean. I'm talking about that gray region where the search field and conditions are.


Since I liked it so much, I've decided to use it in my applications. For instance, I've integrated this region template in our APEX built CRM App (Better.CRM).


How to do it? :) Just copy the code from any of the Packaged Applications and then:

- Shared Components > Templates > Create
- Template Type: Region
- Create Region Template: From Scratch
- Name: Finder Bar
- Template Class: Button Region Without Title
- Template Code:


Now you just need to create an HTML Region in your page, apply the new Finder Template and include the fields in the region.

That's it. I hope this helps you make good looking apps :)

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book
  1. 1 comments: Responses to “ Nice filter region template ”

  2. By Anonymous on September 12, 2011 at 6:50 PM

    Oh I really really really like this! I tried to implement this and it looked nothing like what you had. The output was just a numbered list something like 1-35. Odd. I think the piece I am missing is the "just copy the code from any of the packaged applications". Not sure what you are referring to here. Would love to work with you on this if you have time. I would so truly appreciate it. - Michelle (m_holman@mwcc.mass.edu)